Monday 1 May 2017

Chat with Georgia + Notes

Me and another girl from VCD, Georgia, decided to meet up and chat about our projects, as we usually did not talk to each other and so could provide some fresh perspectives on each other's projects. She asked me whether I would look at actually re designing the system of the tribunal, or simply design a piece of media to go alongside it and help people going through the process.

I thought that was a great place to start, especially as I am not an "experience designer" by trade - I am much more of a graphic designer, and so it makes sense to look at what I can do there, than completely jump into such a huge project that I only know a little about through limited UX design experience (redesigning a system). I have to keep remembering that we don't have to turn ourselves into a completely different profession....



On that note, it would make sense to have a multimedia approach to this - and design a piece of media to help vulnerable tenants, or tenants less knowledgeable of the system. As Robert mentioned (head of tenants united NZ), he as a very informed and knowledgeable tenant found it hard enough to get through the tenancy system. 





No comments:

Post a Comment